- Cooperate with other land conservation organizations and willing land owners to conserve significant tracts of undeveloped land in South Burlington, especially in the Southeast Quadrant (SEQ).
- Collaborate with City officials and citizens to implement the South Burlington Open Space Strategy (April 2002).
- Support continued agricultural uses of land in South Burlington and adjoining towns.
- Work with adjoining towns on land conservation projects to preserve forests, wetlands, and other natural areas for long term preservation, low impact recreation, wildlife corridors, and to maintain or improve water quality.
- Promote responsible residential, commercial, and transportation development in South Burlington and neighboring cities and towns.
- Disseminate information and resources to land owners and residents regarding the value of the City’s natural, conserved and agricultural lands.
- Participate in South Burlington planning and development review activities as an organization advocating the preservation of our natural resources and open spaces.
Board of Directors
A nine member Board of Directors made up of South Burlington citizens, oversees the activities of the South Burlington Land Trust, Inc. Members serve three year terms and include the following individuals:
- Sarah Dopp, President
- Michael Mittag, Treasurer
- Elizabeth Milizia, Secretary
- Barbara Bull
- Karen Ryder
- Sophie Quest
- Penne Tompkins
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board or participating in our activities please contact Sarah Dopp at (802) 985-3581 or email us at email@example.com.
Board meetings are generally held on the last Wednesday of each month and are open to all members. Meetings are scheduled at 6:30 pm at Northfield Savings Bank at 1120 Shelburne Road. It is best to call Sarah Dopp (802) 985-3581 to confirm dates and times as there are periodic schedule changes.
- To the City of South Burlington staff, past and present, for all of their support.
- To Northfield Savings Bank, Shelburne Road Branch, for providing meeting space.
- To Fatline Studios, Milton, Vermont (Vanessa and Eric) for website design.
- To Donna Harley, South Burlington, for the SBLT cattail logo.
- To Ellen Powell for sharing her professional photographs of South Burlington.
- To all SBLT members for their support and hard work.